Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath


Monday, April 21

Erin and I had bought tickets for a tour of Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath so we could see multiple places and not have to worry about transport to these places. Stonehenge is pretty much in the middle of nowhere.

Our Coach bus was double decker! I had never seen something like that before. It was a very nice bus. Our tour guide, Nigel, told us facts about London on our way out and I found that really interesting. When we made it to Windsor Castle (built 900+ years ago), he told us that somebody once asked him why they built the castle so close to Heathrow Airport…







We got an audio guide for Windsor and I found that really interesting. My favourite part was seeing the very intricate dollhouse they had on display. I finally saw some the British Soldiers in the red coats! But I didn’t see the Queen. Darn.


Stonehenge was amazing. I was so excited to see it. It intrigues me to no end. I want to know why it’s there and how in the world it got there!!! 





We ate lunch in a pub in a small village between Stonehenge and Bath. I had fish and chips and it was very good. I feel like almost all the food I have here in Europe is good. Ha.

Bath was a cute town, but Erin and I couldn’t figure out why it was a part of our tour because we didn’t get entry to the Roman Baths and since it was 5:00 when we arrived, the majorty of the shops were closing. We did find one crafts/antiques shop we could go into and I found something amazing! A piece of green Wedgewood pottery. I have always loved Wedgewood, the fact that Keele is so close to the Wedgewood factory makes me love it even more. It is really rare in the states so when you do find some, it costs the earth. I was very happy to see that this dish was a reasonable price!

All in all, the tour was nice, we got to see quite a bit in one day, however, as Erin said – it felt like a big field trip. I think that if there had been more college aged people on the trip we would have had a bit more fun.















No comments:

Post a Comment