Pages

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Belfast, Northern Ireland

On Saturday the 12th, I went to Belfast, Northern Ireland with The University of Ulster where Erin is going to school. It was really nice of them to let me tag along on the trip even though I don’t go here. We started the day off at the Titanic Museum. Did you know the Titanic was built in Belfast? I didn’t! The Museum is built right on the shipyard where the Titanic was built! The museum was so neat and really interactive and modern! I really learned a lot. There was a short ride that told you about how the ship was built and really put the size of the ship into perspective! We also saw some footage of the ship wreck at the bottom of the ocean. Submarines really freak me out, but I would maybe, just maybe, go down in one if I had the chance to see the wreckage in person. It is so astounding to see how much of it is preserved!

View from the Museum

After the museum we went to lunch at the Ramada, which was also included in the price of the trip. I had a spinach and mushroom pasta which was super yummy. After lunch we got back on the bus for a tour of Belfast. I wish I could say it was really interesting… But… It wasn’t… The bus was warm. Our bellies were full. Quite a few of us dozed off here and there. Oops
.

Then we got to explore the city center of Belfast. We didn’t have a ton of time, but we got cupcakes AND I found some Reese’s Cups! That was pretty exciting! I really liked Belfast and I hope I have more time to explore the next time I go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment