Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

It's All About to Begin

Oh my goodness. I leave tomorrow! Everybody keeps asking me if I'm excited and I say yes, which I am, but I still have a hard time believing it's really happening. I have been talking about wanting to study abroad for as long as I can remember. And I have been working towards completing the application for about a year. A year ago, Erin and I were looking into places we wanted to go and setting up our first meetings with the study abroad office. This has been such a long time coming. I tell everybody that I've talked about it so much I forget that it's no longer in my imagination. It's no longer far into my future. I forget that I'm leaving tomorrow! I'm all packed up, I just have the last few things to go in right before I leave. I have a big suitcase that I'm checking (and praying it makes it to Manchester when I do and doesn't get delayed) as well as a smaller rolling suitcase and a messenger bag I will be carrying on the plane with me. Since I have an overnight flight to England and I will be landing Wednesday morning, I am hoping I will be able to sleep some on the plane. I haven't had much luck in that department in the past, so I'll keep you updated on how that goes. I've prepared all that I can and now I just wait until 4:30 tomorrow afternoon when I get on the plane. That being said, I can tell I'm starting to get some real butterflies in my stomach and I'm starting to realize how much I'm going to miss my family. I know in the end everything will be alright and God will get me through. Recently I've been seeing a lot of Bible verses that remind me that if I believe in The Lord he will carry me through any rough patches and keep me safe. Two of my favorites are Romans 8:31 and Isaiah 43:1-4.  I hope you keep checking in to see what I'm up to. I'm going to try really hard to post once a week or so.

"We can make our plans, but The Lord determines our steps."
-Proverbs 16:9

2 comments:

  1. Hi Robin - I'm excited to hear how things are going on your grand adventure!
    Warm regards, Holly Bradley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robin! It's Chris from River Dunes. I wanted to check in and make sure you made it across the pond safely and are settling in well. We already miss having you here, setting up for a wedding without you here just isn't the same! Hope you're enjoying yourself and everything has gone smooth for you so far! Look forward to your next posting! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete