Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

I like Georgia!

In April, my boyfriend and I drove down to Atlanta, Georgia to see the Atlanta Braves home opener baseball game and visit some of Kenny's family that recently moved to the area. I had not been to a major league baseball game since 2008, so I was really excited to head down there, but not as excited as Kenny was, he's been a Braves fan since before he could walk!
The drive from Greensboro to Atlanta is about five hours, but when you stop a million times to grab food and caffeine and use the restroom, then factor in 5:00 rush hour, it takes much more than five hours! Ha! We made it to Turner Field and it looked like it was going to pour down rain, and by the time we had parked and made it into the stadium, it did just that. There was quite a lengthy rain delay, but once the game started we forgot all about the fact that we were quite wet. The Braves won against the NY Mets, and it was a great way to start the season.
We left the stadium and continued south to Kenny's cousins and went right to bed when we arrived. It was late - about 1:00 in the morning!!
The next day we got up and enjoyed breakfast and caught up with Leanna and Gracie before heading back into the city to go to the Georgia Aquarium. We ate lunch in the CNN Center, and now Kenny and I cannot wait to head back to Atlanta to actually tour the center. I had been to the aquarium once a long while ago, so it was so nice to go back and see it all again. I love the beluga whales!
We had a nice evening of jumping on the trampoline with the girls and playing fetch with Pete the dog in the lake!
The next morning we went to church with them before heading back to North Carolina. I'm so glad we got to take a road trip together as well as visit with Kenny's cousins. Since leaving Europe I've been missing taking adventures and traveling, and this is just what I needed! I found that I really liked Georgia, and I would love to visit Savannah one day. Let me know what your favorite things about Georgia are.

No comments:

Post a Comment