Pages

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Tea and Toast

When the Student Union has big parties planned and it is common for a lot of people to go and get drunk, the Christian Union holds something called Tea and Toast. What is this you might ask.
The CU sets up in the chapel, which is right next to the SU building. Inside the Chapel, a ton of volunteers do just what it sounds like - make a ton of tea and toast. Volunteers stand outside and direct people towards the chapel to go inside and get some free food.
The CU held this event this past Wednesday and I went to help out. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it turned out to be a lot of fun! I don't think I have buttered that much toast in my life if you added it all up! It was pretty slow until about 3am when the SU kicked everybody out. At this point I was buttering toast like a mad woman and trying to make sure everybody got a piece.
I loved being able to show kindness to the other students here at Keele in a way that wouldn't happen on an everyday basis.
Such simple things can make huge impacts!

No comments:

Post a Comment