Pages

Saturday, January 25, 2014

I Made It...Barely

So, I'm here! I made it to England safe and sound and I am getting settled and meeting some great people. I'm going to preface this by saying I'm not exactly sure how posting will work. I know I won't have time to post every day and I'm sure once classes start I'll fall into a rut you won't really want to hear about every day things - just exciting and new things. I don't have classes on Friday so I'm thinking first thing Friday mornings I'll sit down and write a summary of the past week and maybe a post here and there if things get particularly exciting. Also I think I will post pictures and summary posts separately so each post isn't as long. That being said, don't hold me to it because this could all change. I'm journaling everyday, so I won't forget and I'll be able to catch this up if I fall behind.

Ok, Now to the fun stuff - What I've been up to.
I'd say to start a story right, you have to start at the beginning. And this story has a rocky beginning. If you are friends with me on Facebook you will know I almost didn't make it here. No, my plane dint almost crash or anything horrific like that. Problem One: My flight out of New Bern got delayed. Which never happens. But it happened. That made my hour layover drop to thirty minutes. So essentially my plane to Manchester would already be boarding by the time I landed. Enter Problem Two: There was construction going on in my terminal and I didn't see the other train, so I ended up getting on the wrong one going the wrong way and realized it 2 terminals later and switched trains quickly. To make a long story short, when I finally got to my terminal I was running down it when I heard them make the final boarding call for my flight. I didn't think I had made it. I still had 12 gates to go. When I was two gates off, a lady pointed to me and said "Manchester?" I said yes and she said "Stop running, you made it, you can get on the plane." At this point I broke into full on tears right then and there. I went to the ticket counter, crying, shaking and hyperventilating. Getting onto the plane was a big blur (probably because my eyes were full of tears). I do remember walking down the ramp and verbally thanking God. Because He sure was helping me out. He reminded me that this trip might be planned by me and I may think things are going to go one way, but God can change them in a heartbeat if He wants to. The first little while of the plane ride I was still a mess because I was in utter shock that I was actually on the plane. After that, the rest of the flight went really well and I got some rest, so I wasn't too tired when I landed in Manchester. After getting off the flight, going through customs was very easy and I found out that my bag also made it to England after the short layover which called for another round of verbal praise.

It's getting kind of late here, so I'm going to leave you with this, but I'll try to post more tomorrow!

"We can make our plans, but The Lord determines our steps." -Proverbs 16:9
(I know I used this on the last post, but after the fiasco, this is more relevant to me than ever.)

1 comment:

  1. Love that verse! Very appropriate for this journey. :) <3

    ReplyDelete