Pages

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

London Day 2 with Pictures

Okay, I am so sorry that this post took so long to be posted. While yes, I have been pretty busy, I have also wasted a lot of time on Netflix. Oops. Anyhow, instead of Netflix tonight, I am going to get this done!
 
We left the hostel around 9:30, grabbed breakfast at Sainsbury's then hopped on the tube to head to Big Ben to take pictures in the sun! We weren't sure how long it was going to last, it ended up lasting all day!! Just one or two quick showers around lunch time. When we got to the right tube station we went to Exit 3 which was labeled "Big Ben," when we made it back above ground we looked around and didn't see it. Then I looked up.
 
 
The exit wasn't lying. We were AT Big Ben!

 
After backing up quite a bit, I could actually get a picture of the whole clock tower!

 
Such a beautiful day!


 
Across the river from Big Ben is the London Eye. Its pretty expensive, so we decided to skip that.

 
Then we went to Westminster Abbey.

 
The old churches are so elaborate and beautiful!

 
And I must say it was neat to see where Will and Kate got married! Yes, I watched the Royal Wedding as well as when Kate left the hospital with baby George. I have no shame:)

 
You can't go to London and not take a picture in a phone booth!

 

 
After Westminster we walked through some gardens to go take pictures at Buckingham Palace. Honestly, the park was more fun than the Palace. There were a ton of ducks and geese to make funny faces at and talk to in the park. The Palace just stood there with people shoving their faces in the fence.


 
Zoe and I.

 
I have no idea who these guys are or what they are doing, but they came by as we were leaving Buckingham, so I did what any other tourist would do. Take pictures!
 
At this point we went to Picadilly (that's just fun to say!) and found lunch then we went to Trafalgar Square.

 
A monument in Trafalgar.
 
After that we weren't sure where to go next so I opened up the guide book I had to see if I could find anything interesting. We ended up going to Camden Road Market to have a look around. I loved it! There were so many vendors from clothes to jewelry to crafts to food and much more. We had plans for dinner so I didn't get anything from the food vendors, but when I go to London again I know where I'm eating lunch!

 
We ate dinner at the oldest pub in London.
 
 
 I can't say that it was spectacular, but my food was good. I think pubs just aren't for me. The ones I have been in so far have all been too dark and too loud for me to fully enjoy my meal.
 
After dinner we had tickets to see a dance performance choreographed by Pina Bausch. It was a very modern piece and I wasn't sure what I would think of it, but I actually really enjoyed it!
 
After the show when we were getting on the tube, I jumped on and the others didn't make it before the doors shut so I rode back to the hostel on my own.
 
There's day two for you and hopefully I'll get day three up sooner than this one.  

 


No comments:

Post a Comment