Pages

Monday, March 10, 2014

Playing Catch-up

So it has been a while since I wrote a generic what's been going on post, so I figure we have a lot to catch up on.

Okay, first things first, I love England and I never want to leave. Ever. My time here is going by way too quickly and I've been making great friends. I don't want to leave them behind. I definitely miss home, but it sucks that England is so far away.

Second, Erin and I have been planning trips for April and May. There are so many exciting things on the horizon! April 9th I'm flying to Northern Ireland to spend time with Erin. Then on April 18th we are flying to London to spend a few days there. We want to see a play or two, and just explore. We also have plans to go to Stonehenge and Harry Potter Studios where the movies were filmed! I'm super excited for that. On April 23 we are going to Italy!!! I am beyond excited. We will be there until May 2nd. We are arriving in Venice and leaving out of Rome. I am so blessed to have one of my best friends here with me to experience it all.

The past few weeks here at Keele have been wonderful for many different reasons. One of them being the fact that I haven't worn my rain boots since BEFORE I went to London! Yes, we have had rain here and there since then, but nothing so bad that it required rain boots. The past week has been sunny and warm. Today is a proper spring day and I love it.



The week after London I got a cold, but luckily it wasn't too bad and I had some medicine that really helped. Hopefully that was my first and last British cold.

Last Saturday, my friend, Ella and I went into Hanley to go shopping. We went to Primark and Topshop as well as TK Maxx. We ended up getting McDonalds for lunch because we were curious to see if American McDonalds tasted any different compared to British McDonalds. The fries (or chips as they say here!) tasted exactly the same, but my McChicken was different. Not bad, just different. Ok, now American McDonalds, listen up. If you buy a value meal and show your student card here, you get a free McFlurry! How awesome is that?!

On Shrove Tuesday I made American Pancakes for anybody in my building who wanted some. Having never made pancakes from scratch before, I was pretty happy when they were a success! Everybody really enjoyed them, but I was glad when I was done. After four batches you don't want to see pancakes again for a while! I could never work at IHOP!

I've been having some assignments due here and there now that the end of the semester is getting closer. We have 10 weeks before Easter break (which is April 4-May 5) and this is week 7. Why is time flying by so quickly?! All of my essays are due in the first few weeks of May, then I am free until I come home June 12. Erin and I have a few more trips in the works but nothing is set in stone yet.

Whew! That was a lot to talk about! Hopefully I'll do a better job at this in the upcoming weeks.

Have a great day! Feel free to ask me any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment