Pages

Monday, July 14, 2014

Rend Collective Concert in Belfast

Thursday May 15th and Friday May 16th



On May 15th I left Keele at 10:30 pm to go to the bus station to take a bus to the Manchester Airport. I had a flight to Belfast early the next morning before the busses started running. I got to the airport around 1:30 after my National Express bus was 30 minutes late. I found a dark area with some benches to lie down on and I got some rest, but around 4am the airport got very loud! Who would have thought. I found a Café and got some tea and waited until my flight. The flight ended up being very quick, but the flight attendants were much to cheery for the hour. haha.
I took a bus from the airport to the Belfast city center and found my hostel easily, dropped off my bag and met up with Erin. We went by St. George's market, but since it was a weekday, the vendors had more food and veg than the arts and crafts we were looking for. Luckily a new market had just opened up for the summer season in front of the city hall. There was a lot of really neat food vendors there and we ended up getting some German Braughtworst. It was really good, but super filling. We ended up eating the braughtworst and feeding the buns to the pigeons. It felt really warm to Erin and I, but really it was only about 69 degrees. We wandered around the shops in the city center and I ended up leaving my phone in a bookstore (Eep!), but thankfully it was still there when we retraced our steps. We headed over to Queen's University (where the concert was being held) and hung out on their front lawn and used their Wi-Fi. Their grass was pretty much perfect. By the time the concert was supposed to start I was so exhausted and ready to crash, but once Tenth Avenue North came on, I forgot all about that. Both Tenth Avenue North and Rend Collective were so good. We were right up at the front and we got an amazing view of the whole performance. We certainly were so blessed to be able to worship our Lord in such a great setting with everybody else there. After the concert, I went back to my hostel and got a good sleep before heading to Paris the next day

No comments:

Post a Comment